Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sixteen

Untitled

 This whole post was inspired by something I read called, "You know you went to high school in the late 90s when.." I've included the link above for anyone who might be interested in reading it over. I have to admit I became a little reminiscent of the "glory days" after reading it over. There are so many in that list that I checked off.

Today's look is all about what I wore during the awkward teen years. It is the teen version of my style. When I think about the style I had during my teens this outfit pretty much sums it up, down to the boots. so let's take a moment to go over what I'm wearing from top to bottom.

Collab88 had some fantastic treats that were the perfect accompaniment to highlighting 90s style. a majority of the items I am wearing today are from this month's Collab88's round. Starting off with Elikatira's hair Lena. Now, I purchased a fat pack of Lena which included every hair color in this style, which is very unusual for me. I tend to stick with browns only; however Elikatira has done such a great job with the funky colors I couldn't resist and purchased the entire lot rather than trying to make up my mind on just one color.

Another great item I picked up at Collab88 is this Uber cute Skater Dress from Nylon Outfitters. It seems that no girl's wardrobe was complete without a spaghetti strap dress and of course a plain white t-shirt underneath. Nylon's design perfectly captures the skater girl dress trend, down to the flower print that was oh so popular. Dare I say that it is an iconic dress.

Finally, lets get down to the shoes. I used to have a pair of black combat style boots, and I think i might have tried to pair them with everything. My family used to refer to them as Frankenstein shoes. They had a platforms of course. (I'm a short in RL) but i digress, I loved those shoes and wore them until the plastic sole cracked...and even a little after. Friday's Juliette Boot was as close to the design that i could find within my inventory.

Musical Inspiration: No Doubt, Sixteen. I had this CD on repeat.

The Look-Sixteen
Hair- Elikatira- Lena
Skin-Glam Affair- Luna skin- Jamaica
Dress- Nylon outfitters- 90s Floral- Small Roses
Necklace- MIAO Angie Single Bead Necklace
Shoes- Friday- Juliette Boots- Coal

No comments: