Friday, May 4, 2012

My 300th Post!

Untitled
"We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started." -Henry Ward Beecher

Today I'm celebrating my 300th blog post! I can't believe I've been blogging for over five years now. I started my blog on March 21, 2007. In the beginning my blog was more of a journal as a way to document my experiences within Second Life, slowly over time it became a fashion focused blog.

My first posts were very novice and crude, but they were personal and now they serve as a memory book which I can always look back on. I'd like to think my style of blogging has improved over time and will continue to improve as time progresses. Of course I had help: meeting other bloggers, reading tutorials and practice practice practice. I'll never consider myself an expert in both Second Life and Blogging, I think there is always something new to learn and ways to improve upon yourself.

I know some might be thinking five years and only 300 posts, but I did some calculations (I know, I'm a nerd): 61 months and 300 posts roughly estimates to 5 posts per month. Which to me is a big deal. I've taken several months off of Second Life in the past, had blogging holds because of Real Life situations. However the one thing that remains is my love for Second Life and Blogging.

In an effort to mark my 300th post I did a bit of cosmetic work on my blog and created a new template design using Photo Shop and the tools within blogger.  I feel a bit more "official" and unique with the new look. It was only with the new update to blogger that happened recently that I noticed I was able to make these changes. Took me long enough, huh?

I'm not sure what the future will hold if I will be able to continue on to another year, perhaps I will be lucky and be able to continue on for another five years. (Wishful thinking)  I do have some ambitions for my blog: I hope to improve upon my photography skills and perhaps return to exploring the gird.

Thank you for supporting me over the last 300 posts and five years. It's been a fun journey. 

The Look- 300 Celebrations
Hair-Exile- Take it Off- Naturals Pack
Skin-Dutch Touch- EsmEE- Dark Olive
Lips Tattoo- L. Fauna Skins- Pink Lipstick
Body Suit-The Secret Store- Circus- Vanilla
Pose Chair- Diesel Works- Barstool V.2011
Circus Tent-Chanimations- Vintage Circus

1 comment:

Luna Jubilee said...

congrats on celebrating 5 years!!

<3