Saturday, November 20, 2010

52-weeks of Color-Goldenrod- Week 3

Goldenrod

This week's color challenge from Luna Jubilee is Goldenrod.

Goldenrod as you may or may not know is a flower. It's a deep hue of yellow and has been used for medicinal purposes as a natural cure. This lovely flower, is usually at it's height of popularity during the late summer months of August and September. During this time you are more likely to see the countryside lined with a sea of golden yellow.

When I tried to pull this look together I admit to running into a bit of trouble. Most of the items I found were best suited for summer also some were a bit too bright. I almost said "I'll just skip this post" and was so close to throwing in the towel and giving up. Thankfully I didn't.

The top I managed to find at Tyranny Designs. It was the only item purchased specifically for this look. It was also the main starting point for the look. Everything was spring boarded from this uber cute vest. The rest of the items were all apart of my inventory. I did a search for yellow and gold and pulled apart outfits until I found a skirt from Church of Lux. Finally, I wanted a fall look and added Sn@tch's Precious Cargo Sweater. With my outfit in place I turned to accessories adding hints of gold in earmuffs, a necklace and golden shoes.

I tried to do something a bit different this week and used some props in this photo, rather than posting a standard background shot. The wall and floor textures are from Distressed Textures. The rest of the furniture is from The Loft.


The Look- Goldenrod Lady
Hair-Clawtooth- Could I resist?- Classic Brunette
Skin- Dutch Touch-SjOrS-Caramel-Lucious
Vest-Tyranny Designs-Millers Wife-Posie
Sweater- Sn@tch-Precious cargo Sweater- White
Skirt-Church Of Lux- Elsa-Lemon
Shoes-SL Link-Sydney Gold Edition Over knee boot
Earmuff-Artilleri- Knit earmuffs-Yellow
Necklace-Glow-Studio Female Necklace-The Dressing Room Gift
Chair-The Loft - Bryn Armchair Yellow- 50L friday
Textures-Distressed Textures
Furniture- The Loft
Pose-Diesel Works- Odyssey Set

1 comment:

Luna Jubilee said...

I love all the color in this post. It has certainly caught my eye!!