Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Little Boxes

Recently I have been seeing some of my friends and fellow bloggers sharing their SL homes and interior design perfections. It's been quite inspiring seeing everyone's different style and personality come in through their SL living spaces. As someone that is quite the SL hermit my home usually becomes a prop for photos. It's also the location where I spend most of my time while playing SL. (lets face it I don't really have much of a social life outside these walls). I'm not any where near an interior decorator/designer, I just rezz what I like.
 
I've been working on this home since around Mother's day, when I purchased The Loft's Bago Home in it's entire collection. I then picked apart the home and some aspects of the furniture, until I warped the house into something that was unique and reflected well....me. I just want to say right now this house does not look texture wise what the loft had available, so please don't let my choice of textures stop you from picking up one of their beautiful homes.

My homes over the last years have been sparse with little furniture due to the fact that prims were always an issue, but that has changed with the purchase of a new parcel. Some of the furniture in this new home I've kept in my inventory for several months, perhaps a couple of years. (I'm a pack rat to say the least.) I always managed to pick up an item at a freebie or special event in hopes that one day I would have enough room to rezz them. For me this home is my prim dream come true, one that I've wanted since my noob days but never was able to capture.



I made a little video to show my home, I apologize the video quality sucks with YouTube. I swear it looked like 100 times better on my computer. If you watch the video you will be able to see a piece of my RL Art. "BlueDog PopArt" which hangs proudly on the second floor of the home.  Please take the time to watch the video, if you care to leave a comment or have any suggestions for making the machinima video better please let me know. I desperatly want to improve upon my skills.
Hugs and Thank you in Advance.
Bells


Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.
-Little Boxes-Malvina Reynolds

No comments: