Monday, November 23, 2009

The Fear


This Girl's Second Life is changing Slightly. I have had this blog for almost three years and in that time, it's never really had a real "purpose" or direction. I use this space as a journal, a place to mark adventures in SL and sometimes a place to post promotions for my humble tiny little store.

I have always wanted to branch out into the "fashion" part of SL but have had one thing stopping me. FEAR. I am extremely self critical, people who really know me are aware of this. (I suppose this is why it takes me a while to open up to someone.) this is also why I have been reluctant to join any blogger sites. I have this small piece of myself that says perhaps I'm not good enough or the "bigger kids" will pick on me. I have decided to set these fears aside and attempt to branch out into the fashion aspect of SL now or at least attempt with my photos to showcase designers who create items that I enjoy wearing and find special in some way.

I'm still going to blog about places I find along the way, my SL life and eventually I hope to start creating for my store again. but for now, Please enjoy my Mishaps in Fashion...

Hugs and Kisses
Miss Bells Semyorka <3

**"Mishaps in Fashion" title suggested by Luna Jubliee (it's a set in my flicker). I want to extend a special Thank you to her, because without her kind words and encouragement I might now have had the guts to try this blog aspect out.**



want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don't care about clever I don't care about funny
I want loads of clothes and fuckloads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them

And I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
Cause everyone knows that's how you get famous
I'll look at The Sun and I'll look in The Mirror
I'm on the right track yeah I'm onto a winner

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When do you think it will all become clear
Cause I'm being taken over by the fear

Life's about film stars and less about mothers
It's all about fast cars and cussing each other
But it doesn't matter cause I'm packing plastic
And that's what makes my life so fucking fantastic

And I am a weapon of massive consumption
And it's not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function
I'll look at The Sun and I'll look in The Mirror
I'm on the right track yeah we're onto a winner

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When do you think it will all become clear
Cause I'm being taken over by the fear

Forget about guns and forget ammunition
Cause I'm killing them all on my own little mission
Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner
Now everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When do you think it will all become clear
Cause I'm being taken over by the fear
The Fear- Lily Allen

7 comments:

Luna Jubilee said...

all the love and support in the world for you and your new adventure!! <3

Unknown said...

Yay, Bells!!! Good luck with it! Let me know if you want to exchange blog links :-)

Arcadia Nightfire said...

Congratulations for moving past a fear and welcome to the fashion mafia, or whatever we're calling outrselves these days, lol. We're not all scary, I promise. :)

I'll add you to my blogroll.

Katey Coppola said...

I gotcha back :) I'll add you to my blogroll too <3

Yaknow what the great thing is about fashion? It's all self expression! Just keep blogging what you want to blog :)

FrankiePalliard said...

Sweetie never underestimate your talent! Always try!

So happy you overcame this fear,Good Luck!

Sanura Snowpaw said...

So happy you decided to do this it can be a wonderful thing I will add you to my blog role & bloggers release list *hugs*

<3
Sanura

Bells Semyorka said...

Hugs and kisses to all of you. Thank you for your support kind words. I will add you all to my blog roll.