Saturday, April 21, 2007

Wound Up



Stressed and wound up, I decided it might be a good day to pack my bags and put on my beach wear. I needed a vacation and today was the perfect day. I headed out to one of sl best beaches Laguna Beach Club. It was nice to sit in the sun and soak up some rays. I listened to the calming sounds of the beach, the waves crashed, and became the perfect background music to soothe my soul. my reflection of previous days brought a smile to my face. I joined a Lucky chair group, attempted to master sl boutique, and finally added new items to my store.





Now I consider myself to be a shopaholic. I have tried to stop, but I just cant help myself. All this spending can get pretty expensive for a girl, and Lindens don't stretch as far as they once did. I had always seen Lucky chairs around SL. Usually I would see a random letter like Q and some lucky person, would hop on and get a free item. I would watch as the letter changed and hope that my letter would come up.... it never did. :( I figured there must be a better way. A quick search for lucky chairs gave me several groups whose mission in SL was to inform others of Lucky chairs and the letters that were available. I joined a group, and immediately I received an IM telling me the location of a place that had my letter. I was soo excited that I TPed to the store and hopped on to a chair and received my first free item. Here are some tips I have discovered while becoming a member of this group: First if you receive an item that you love or like, it might be a good idea to leave a tip for the store owner or purchase another item you like from the store. The items obtained on these lucky chairs are gifts from the store owner, they do not receive any revenue from chairs. Show them you appreciate their efforts and share the linden love. Another tip I might suggest is to be polite and return the favor of informing other people in your group of Lucky chairs and Letters that are available. Last be quick, several people might have the same letter as you and it might become difficult to get an item.




One of my oldest friends in SL has been asking me to sell my clothing on SLBoutique.com. He likes to give gifts but all of my clothing are no transfer, so he could never give out my items. I was a little reluctant at first to sign up, but I decided to give it a test run. SL boutique is a free service, so you can keep every linden you make from your items. It is very easy to use just go to the site SLBoutique.com and create an account. Once your account is created send a vendor package to yourself in world and follow the instructions on the note card. I will admit I had a little trouble at first setting up my items, but soon i got the hang of it and had four outfits on the site.



I redesigned my store. New items have been added and older items have been reduced in price. I now have a clearance rack (hehe). I'm sorry I was a little late on bringing out new items. Please feel free to stop in the store and let me know what you think.


Now with my day over I look out to the sea. I dream of tomorrow, and what the future holds for me.

zebra-skin fabric flows smooth down the curve of your back
we bump into a tourist waving an American flag
they come and go
they come and go
there's a blue sky turning pink it's quickly fading to black
whatever...
let's go to the beach tonight with a bottle of wine
baby it's a lot harder to stay in...
when you're wound up so, so tight
-Office

No comments: