Friday, April 13, 2007

Over My Head

Hello Again, First I would like to thank you for looking at my blog :), feel free to leave a message on my blog or contact me in world. I am always willing to make new friends. I would like to hear from more people. Where do you like to hang out? Any advice on making the blog better? Do you have any fashion advice? What are some great stores in SL? I would really like to hear from you, the good, the bad, and ugly. hopefully i will get more good than bad or ugly :)

Now on to my topic of the day..................

Today I would like to talk about how you can help fight cancer. Earlier this week I had received some very sad news, one of my closest relatives has just been diagnosed with cancer. I have had some wonderful emotional support from my friends in SL. THANK YOU!!!!! I cannot stress this enough, I am so grateful for your friendship. Hugs and Kisses to you. ok, lets talk about how you can help.

I know you all have seen those purple kiosks around SL for Relay for Life. If you haven't made a donation to them, please do. The funds are going to a good cause. You never know who's life you might help save; or how you can touch someones life with your donation. As of today the SL community has raised over ONE MILLION LINDENS!!!! OMG! (last year the total amount was 40k) The funds donated are given to The American Cancer Society and help fund the fight against cancer.

"Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis."
The hair fair is here for a limited amount of time. A portion of the sales will be donated to Locks for Love. There is only a couple of days left, if you haven't made the time to visit please stop in and take a look around. You can pick up more than just hair here. You can also pick up a bandana to wear on 4/14 as that is national bandana day. :)

"The Cancer Monument in Second Life raises awareness, of both the real-life Cancer Monument as well as those attributes which the monument honors: unity, diversity, and hope."

Help Spread Awareness of Cancer. If you don't have the lindens to buy hair or donate, that's ok. you can still help by spreading awareness. Visit the Cancer monument in Second life and leave a message on the spaces provided. You can leave images, note cards, even short notes. If you know someone who has had cancer or if you have fought cancer yourself leave a note for others to read. your story might be the inspiration that someone needs. :)


I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a cue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's got to be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather run the other way than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears
-the Frey

No comments: